Honeymoon Safari Holidays in Zanzibar-Enjoy Tanzania’s Epic SunSet
Welcome to Tanzania which is situated in East Africa with in the great lakes region, the country borders the tremendous East African countries like Uganda in the North, Kenya in the North East, DR Congo, Burundi, Rwanda in the West, Zambia Malawi, Mozambique to the South as well as the Indian Ocean and Mt.Kilimanjaro in the East and North East. The country is vast enough to inhabit about 51.82 million people with differing ethnic groups, languages, religions as well as traits, cultures and customs. The capital city of Tanzania is Dodoma and mountainous as well as densely populated in the North East with lake Victoria which is the deepest fresh water lake in Africa. The eastern shore it hot and humid with the Kalambo water falls in the South Western region of Rukwa on the South western shore of Lake Tanganyika close to the border of Tanzania. The people of Tanzania speak more than 100 different languages and these fall into the four prominent languages i.e Bantu, Cushitic, Nilotic, and Khoisan although Swahili is the national language. The people of Tanzania are welcoming, hospitable and friendly to alll kinds of travelers around the world.
The central plateau of the country consists of grasslands, plains and rolling hills with the vast beautiful Serengeti National Park covering an area of 30,000 km2 (12,000 sq mi) and Mountainous relief in the distant North East with Mt. Kilimanjaro being the highest peak at 19,340 ft. (5,895 m). The Indian Ocean with islands of Mafia, Pemba and Zanzibar in the far East as well as the Rubeho Mountains with joined peaks in the North East. Around the country are also some of the great Lakes in the region and these include Lake Nyasa also referred to as Lake Malawi, Lake Victoria Africa’s largest fresh water lake and Lake Tanganyika which is the deepest lake in Africa. The Ngorongoro crater is the world’s largest caldera with a depression of about 265 sq km to 600m (1,960 ft) in depth. Formed due to the intersection of two rivers i.e Kilombero and Luwegu river Rufiji is the largest of all rivers in the country pouring its waters in the Southern part of the country. Savannah and bush cover most of the regions where as the rest are semi arid.
The climate of the country has tropical climates with hot and humid along the coastline with moderate temperatures in the hilly/ mountainous areas situated in the North East and South West. The country is divided into 26 different regions with 21 on the mainland, 2 on Pemba island and 3 on Zanzibar island with two rainy seasons in the months of March to June as well as from October to January. The central plateau is usually dry and arid annually. Visit after the two rainy seasons to enjoy the best safari holidays in Tanzania. The dress code is casual although sweaters and jackets may be needed during the rainy season from the month of June to September. These can also be put on while climbing along the slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro and Meru.
Top Attractions in Tanzania
Serengeti National park
- It is situated in the North Western part of Tanzania covering an area of 14,750 km2 .
- It borders the vast Masai Mara National Reserve as well as the Ngorongoro Conservation Area in the South East.
- It is very prominent for the annual wildebeest migration where multitudes of hoofed animals like the zebra, wildebeest, impala, gazelles transfer through the Serengeti Masai Mara ecosystem.
- The migration attracts many different predators like lions, leopards, cheetah, jackals etc which lay low in the grasslands waiting to catch prey for food.
- The most famous inhabitants that live around the park are the Masai who are known to be nomadic pastoralists that depend on cattle for a living.
- It is one of the old National Parks with numerous flora and fauna species to spot by all travelers and these include; the harte beest, water buck, topi, buffalo, hyrax, patas monkeys, hippos etc
- The migration includes more than a million wildlife animals.
- Many travelers around the world transfer to this amazing National park to experience the best safari encounters while watching the wildebeest transfer across the Mara river.
- They are very amazing to take on by all travelers since you will be spotting animals at a height of 5 meters off the ground.
- You will spot numerous wildlife animals like the giraffes, zebra, impala, Thompson’s gazelle, grazing on the green grass.
- You will enjoy viewing the vast green Serengeti plains as well as the Moru Kopjes as well as the numerous vegetation terrain in the area.
- You can relax while spotting the various wildlife animals as you sip drinks, and eat snacks an experience that is so memorable and very remarkable.
- The safari costs US $546.20 per person to enjoy these while on safari vacation holiday in the vast beautiful Tanzania.
- Other than spotting the animals at an aerial view, you will take clear photos of the wildlife animals as well as the lush green vegetation around the park.
- It is the highest Mountain in Africa with an elevation of 5,895 meters ASL.
- There are three distinct peaks on the Mountain and these include; Shira, Kibo and Mawenzi with the Uhuru peak along the Kibo crater edge being the highest.
- Climbing to the top of the Mountain is not so easy since it requires physical fitness as well as determination since the hike takes more than 3 days.
- Hiking tours are also available within the lower slopes of the Mountain where travelers get the chance to explore the Shira Plateau, wildlife and the craters.
- The peaks are snow capped offering exceptional views to all tourists looking to hike the tremendous Mountain.
- There are numerous vegetation zones around the Mountain and these make the whole hiking experience very exceptional and wonderful.
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- It is a very stunning safari destination as well as a UNESCO world Heritage Site
- It has a volcanic caldera which is vast enough with numerous wildlife species wandering around the thick green vegetation and these include; elephants, lions, wildebeests, zebras, rhinos and buffalo
- The most prominent safari activity carried out here are game drives where you will transfer from one track to another where you will spot wildlife species like the lions, leopards, topis, impala etc
- Around the conservation area you will spot and explore the Olduvai Gorge where the early human fossils were discovered making the area a very relevant anthropological site.
- If you are a traveler looking for an adventurous legendary safari holiday, transfer to this destination to experience the best wildlife safari as well as views of the vast conservation area.
- These are carried out along the largest river in Tanzania i.e River Rufiji and these are taken on by travelers that transfer to the Selous Game Reserve
- The reserve extends across five different regions in Tanzania with numerous wildlife species which wander around feeding on the grass.
- The animals that can be seen here include; elephant, buffalo, Leopards, wild dogs, lions, hippos, crocodiles, giraffes, wildebeests, antelopes and a range of bird-life flying around the vegetation.
- Along the cruise expect to spot numerous flora and fauna around the park as well as birds flying to and fro between the vegetation and the River.