Experience Adventurous Wildlife Safaris while in Magical Kenya
Welcome to beautiful Kenya which is located in a very ideal place close to the equator, the country is in East Africa with Nairobi being the busiest and prominent capital city. The country lies within the East African Rift valley occupying an area stretching from the vast Lake Victoria to Lake Turkana as well as further South East to the vast beautiful Indian Ocean. The country is bordering Tanzania in the South and South Western, Uganda in the West, South Sudan in the North West, Ethiopia in the North and Somalia in the North West. With a population of 48 million people, Kenya covers an area of 581,309 km2 (224,445 sq mi) with President Uhuru Kenyatta as the political leader of the country. Swahili language is the most spoken language around the country despite the fact that other tribal languages are used by the people from different regions.
The country has warm humid tropical climate around the Indian Ocean coastline with cool Savannah grasslands around the busy town of Nairobi city with snow capped peaks along Mt. Kenya. There is a hot, equatorial and dry climate around areas close to Lake Victoria. In the central and rift valley regions tea and coffee are grown as cash crops where as the western region is temperate with thick forested hilly areas. The Northern and North Eastern regions around Somalia and Ethiopia are semi arid and arid. In the evenings after sunset, the weather is chilly and calm to offer exceptional relaxation as well as comfort to all kinds of travelers that visit the country while on holiday vacation safari. You can visit and sit at a restaurant around this time to enjoy dinner as well as sundowner with friends, colleagues and family as well. In conclusion the climate in Kenya varies from one region to another for some regions are cool, hot, warm, along the coast the climate is tropical with temperatures high and low annually.
The geography about Kenya is assorted for it varies from one region to another for example the country has a coastline along the vast beautiful Indian Ocean which consists of swamps of the East African Mangroves. Many different hills and vast plains are inland with central and western Kenya comprising of the Rift Valley as well as Mountain Kenya and Elgon which occupies the area along the border of Uganda and Kenya. There is the Mau forest which is the biggest in Kenya as well as the Kakamega forest in the western part of the country.
Top Attractions in Kenya
Explore Nairobi City
- It is the largest city in Kenya
- Named after the Nairobi river which flows through the city as well as after the Masai word Enkare which means cool water
- Also referred to as the Green city in the sun with a population of 6,547,547 people the occupy the Metropolitan region and 3.36 million people overall population
- It is situated along River Athi in the South hence being the second largest city after Dar es salaam in the great Lakes region
- The city is located at 1°09′S 36°39′E and 1°27′S 37°06′E and occupies about 696 kms2 (270 sq mi) between the prominent cities of Kampala and Mombasa
- The city’s most prominent safari destination is the Ngong hills which are visited often by numerous tourists that visit the country as well as Mount Kenya and Kilimanjaro
- The city is found at the City Square which is located in the Central Business District
- There are numerous buildings around the city and these include; the Nairobi City Hall, Kenyan Parliament buildings, Holy Family Cathedral, Nairobi law Courts, Kenyatta Conference Center.
- It is one of the world’s natural wonders since it includes multitudes of hoofed wildlife animals transferring through the Serengeti and Masai Mara ecosystem
- The animals transfer due to reduction in grass to feed on, time for mating and courting, hence their movement across the Masai Mara reserve to Serengeti National Park
- It attracts many different predators that wait below the Savannah grasslands to catch prey for food and these include lions, leopards, cheetah, jackals etc
- This migration consists of the massive crossings which occur in the months of July and August then mass production of calves during the months of January and March
- These traverse numerous rivers through out their transfer and one of these includes the Mara river which inhabits numerous crocodiles waiting to catch prey for food among the millions
- It is one of Kenya’s safari attractions that bring lots of tourists from allover the world to experience. However these can not be predicted on when they will migrate across borders
- It takes place annually despite the fact that seasons vary/change depending on the climate.
- This is one of the most safari attractions to the vast beautiful Kenya
- Despite Swahili being the most prominently spoken language, other languages are spoken around the country
- There are 40 various ethnic African groups which include; the Kikuyu, Luhya, Kalenjin tribes, Luo, Kamba, Somali, Kisii, Meru & Embu, Mijikenda, Turkana and Masai
- There are numerous trends and cultures demonstrated by varying communites like the prominent Masai people
- These play music which varies from famous afro fusion to benga music as well as folk songs
- There is a cultural island called Lamu which is shaped by the ordinary Bantu African tribes, Portuguese explorers as well as the Arab traders
- Due to the unity among cultures and the people, the islands includes one of the most inhabited cities in Kenya
- It is the second tallest peak hence very challenging to climb offering exceptional views of the beautiful Kenya as well as snow capped Mountain Kilimanjaro
- The highest peaks along the Mountain are Batian , Nelion, point Lenana and it is from this Mountain that the country attained its name
- The Mountain is a strato with 11 different candid glaciers as well as forested slopes which are a very relevant water source to the people of Kenya
- In the valleys you will find many different types of vegetation and these include alpine types which are endemic to Kenya and these are the giant lobelias, senecios, rock hyrax
- The park covers an area of 715 km2 (276 sq mi)
- The major ethnic groups/ tribes here include the Kikuyu, Ameru, Embu and Masai. The Kikuyu are the most prominent inhabitants for they are agriculturalists
- All the peaks are close to the middle of the Mountain and can be hiked staring from the base.
- Located just a few kilometers from the busy town of Nairobi
- It was named after the strong geothermal activity that goes on within its walls that are always steaming up towards the sky
- It includes different water gouged gorges, towering cliffs, stark rock towers, scrub clad volcanoes
- It is one of the National Parks that travelers can move on foot/ bike looking at the various terrain vegetation as well as small wildlife animals
- The wildlife animals that can be seen here include; buffalo, zebra, eland, harte beest, Thomson’s gazelle and baboons, klip springer antelope and Chandler’s mountain reed buck
- The park also inhabits numerous bird species i.e 100 in number and these include the vultures, Verreaux’s Eagles, augur buzzard and swifts
- As you proceed through the park, it will seem like you are going to hell since it gets darker as you proceed on your way.
- The wildlife in Kenya includes both Flora and Fauna
- The fauna can be spotted while on safari vacation in Kenya especially on game drive in some of the National Parks the country has.
- The wildlife animals that can be spotted include the lions, buffalo, cheetahs, hippos, wildebeest, elephants, zebras, giraffe, rhinos and flamingos as well as vast Ostriches
- The animals can be spotted in various National Parks and these include the Masai Mara National Reserve, Amboseli National Park, Tsavo East and West National parks, Nairobi National Parks, etc
- Depending on what the tourists want to spot while on vacation holiday, they can transfer to any destination of their choice.